Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Personalized Mothers Day Gifts


7.       There’s nothing better than finding a gift you can personalize to show someone you really care, for whatever the occasion. And with Mother’s Day approaching fast, I’ve been frantically trying to determine exactly what type of gift my mom would like enough for me to personalize. I’m sure, like me, some of you also find yourselves stuck between a rock and a hard place, feeling more and more frustrated with the growing number of dead ends you seem to be hitting when trying to find creative and fun ideas that are new! Personally, I am huge on any and every opportunity I can muster up to add some unique flare to a gift, for whatever season or holiday comes along. Unfortunately, my personalized gift giving may come to a complete halt this particular Mother’s Day season, as her house has become positively filled to the gills with stuff from past years that I’ve worked hard to make special. I realized that I just can’t be so insensitive to fill it with more, merely because personalized gifts are my forte. That being said, and as much as it pains me to repeat, she definitely doesn’t need any more of the following:
·         Sweatshirts, t-shirts, hats, mugs, key chains, door mats, blankets or pillows with her name on them. Or any variation of her name, for that matter (mom, mother, ma, or whatever the given name on her birth certificate says).
·         Picture frames, jewelry boxes, or landscape stones that are engraved with silly whimsical sayings, proverbs or words like “Faith” or “Believe.”
·         Nothing with quotes about motherhood (which just makes sense), even though I’m incredibly tempted.
·         Personalized stationary gifts that she’ll never get around to using because she’s had a hard enough time filling the ones from previous years.
·         Keepsakes.
·          Keepsakes or any more keepsakes.
 So, how can you find some personalized Mothers Day gifts that aren’t going to add more clutter and chaos to what’s already become a household of stamped and engraved “Moms,” communicating that dad essentially owns nothing? It really is a good thing he’s not interested in that kind of stuff, because if he was, we could probably run our very own keepsake museum. While that might be an interesting idea in itself for a Mother’s Day gift, she has enough of a hard time letting me into the house with my shoes on, let alone a band of crazy keepsake lovers. No frets, because what I did stumble upon but my personal (hehe) savior this season. They will end all of the hardships surrounding my difficult search for personalized Mothers Day Gifts. Better known as a company called Edible Arrangements, if you haven’t heard from them, they’ve been around for a while. They offer fruit bouquets and different boxes of chocolate dipped fruit that you can personalize with things like: balloons, stuffed animals, messages and more. It’s really the perfect gift for someone looking to do something unique, and it offers a great break in the habitual gift giving processes for that occasional hoarder (or giver) of personalized gifts. I’m sure that mom will appreciate the yummy deliciousness that comes from a fruit bouquet or box by Edible Arrangements, and plus, you’ll save her some much needed space. Except for in her belly of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment